On the south side of the Loch is Foss kirk. It is a imple rectangular kirk with a bellcote on the west gable. A church on this site was founded AD 625 by St Chad and used until the Reformation. This fell into disrepair 1580, and was restored along with its Perth bell in 1824. The remains of the ancient graveyard behind the church has a view overlooking Loch Tummel.
Above the head of the loch, Tummel Bridge crossing the River Tummel actually has two bridges. The original bridge built by General Wade in 1730 has a modern replacement alongside carrying the traffic from Aberfeldy. Notable visitors who have stayed in this area include Mendelssohn and Swinburne. The northern side of the loch has many duns, forts and cairn circles. At the eastern end, high in Glen Fincastle to the north, sits Fincastle House, a 17th-century seat of a branch of the Stewarts, with links to the 1745 rebellion. At the head of the glen are the standing stones of Clachan Aoraidh in the Allean Forest.