St. Cuthbert’s Church (The Menzies Mausoleum)
The Pre-Reformation Church is dedicated to St. Cuthbert and mentioned in charters dated 1235. The present building probably dates from 1510 and was a place of worship until 1839 when it became the mausoleum of the Menzies family. It contains all that is mortal of all the Menzies chiefs and on the walls hang the partchments bearing a representation of the Arms of each Knight.
At the back of the altar, there is an interesting mural, erected in 1616 by Sir Alexander Menzies in memory of the ladies of the house. In the church are two stone crosses from the sanctuary at Dull. These so-called 'girth crosses'one of which remains in in situ at the centre of Dull village marked enclosure of Druimdain or Ridge of Protection associated with the Culdee Celtic monastry at Dull. Within the enclosure there was safety from pursuit.
St. David’s Chapel - The church was built during the period 1868 to 1875 by Sir Robert Menzies of Menzies as St. David’s Episcopal Chapel for the Menzies family. After the death of the last of the Menzies of Weem line in 1918 and the break up of the estate, the chapel was acquired by the Church of Scotland in 1921 as the new Parish Church of Weem.
During the construction of the MacDonald Room and Vestry of the Parish Church in 1993/1994, an old Village Well of Weem was rediscovered and has now been fully restored and can be seen at the north east corner to the rear of the Parish Church.
The Weem Hotel boasts associations with the 18th-century military road builder General Wade. The oldest part of the hotel is said to date back to 1527.
Castle Menzies, the seat of the Menzies family lies to the west of the village. Originally, the Menzieses came from Durisdeer, in Dmfries and settled in Strathtay towards the end of the 13th-century. The original seat was Comrie Castle near Coshville. When this was burned down, the then laird began building the castle at Weem. The present castle was built in 1571, and from its situation on a beautiful lawn at the foot of the rock of Weem, in the midst of large trees of oak, plane, and chestnut, form an interesting backcloth. Additions were made in 1840. Restored by the Clan Menzies Society since the 1960s.