The village centre forms the hub of six roads leading off to Forteviot, Path of Condie, Invermay, Yetts o' Muckhart, Auchterarder and Dalreoch. It is strategically placed off the main A9, Stirling to Perth trunk road. The following are places of interest worth a visit.
St. Serfs Parish Kirk early 13th century, stands in the village square with its 75ft romanesque tower, tapering in three stages, topped with crowstepped saddleback roof.
Dupplin Cross dating from early 9th century, Pictish monument.
Tron Square, centre hub of six roads leading off to other parts of Perth and Kinross.
Thorntree Square commemorates the Jacobite burning of the village in 1715.
Kirkstyle Inn early 19th century inn.
Dunning Burn Bridge built 1777, subsequently widened, marks the divide between the extent of the old village and extension east of the burn.
Maggie Wall's Monument on the Auchterarder road, allegedly burned as a witch in 1657. Dunning figured in witch-hunts and dragon slaying.
Garvock House built circa 17th century, hybrid F-plan house.
Newton of Pitcairns, built 1839, has been hall, school and Free Church
Kippen House, built 1874, perched conspicuously above above the Yetts o' Muckhart road at Marcassie bridge.
Keltie Castle, c 1600, a small sturdy unvaulted L-plan laird's house with 9ft thick walls. Has unusual corbelled turett at the north-east corner.
Duncrub House, the original house built for JR Rollo, 10th Lord of Rollo, but was demoloished in 1950. The only part left is the
Duncrub House Chapel with its splendid ogee-roofed doocot.
Inverdunning House and Leadketty Farm